12 best photo printers
Gone are the days when printers were used exclusively in offices. Today, they excel at photo printing, which makes them attractive to buyers looking to capture memorable moments not only digitally, but also on physical media. Below are the top 12 photo printers for 2022, along with recommendations for choosing the right model for your home.
- one How to choose a good photo printer for your home
- 1.1 Print Technology
- 1.2 Number of colors
- 1.3 Permission
- 1.4 General tips for choosing a printer
- 2 Laser
- 2.1 1. Brother HL-L2340DWR
- 2.2 2. Canon i‑SENSYS LBP6030B
- 2.3 3. Xerox Phaser 3020BI
- 3 Inkjet
- 3.1 1. HP OfficeJet 202 Mobile
- 3.2 2. Canon PIXMA G1411
- 3.3 3. Epson L132
- four Sublimation
- 4.1 1. Canon SELPHY CP1300
- 4.2 2 Canon Selfie CP900
- 4.3 3 Canon Selfie CP1000
- 5 Portable
- 5.1 1. Xiaomi Mijia AR ZINK
- 5.2 2 Canon Zoemini
- 5.3 3. Fujifilm Instax Share SP‑3
How to choose a good photo printer for your home
To choose a quality printer for printing photos at home, you should consider a number of parameters, among which the following are the most important:
The first thing to consider when choosing a photo printer for home printing is the technology it uses.
- Laser. The principle of operation is based on the fact that the image on paper is formed by means of electric charges that attract toner particles. After that, the paper is heated, which melts the paint and creates an image. Among the advantages: high resource per refill, inexpensive toner cost, high print speed. The main disadvantage is the low image quality.
- inkjet printing It is based on the fact that through the holes in the cartridge the ink is sprayed onto the paper, which forms the picture. Among the pluses, it is worth highlighting the print quality, the resistance of colors to external influences (moisture, sunlight), and among the minuses — the high cost of new cartridges and their short resource.
- Thermal sublimation printers are the most modern and advanced. The principle of their operation is based on the fact that the cartridge has several layers of film with different dyes in a concentrated form. When forming the image, they are mixed and provide a high quality picture with natural colors.
Number of colors
It’s no secret that you can get different shades from a limited set of colors. In printers, it can use four or more colors. Moreover, they can be in the form of two cartridges, where red, blue and green are supplied together or all colors are separately from each other. In printers for printing photos, it is important to have at least 4 independent colors, and preferably more.
For sublimation, due to the peculiarities of their technology, three primary colors are enough.
The optimal resolution for a printer is 4800*1200 dots, but there are models with a higher dpi ratio. In this case, the rule applies — the higher the resolution, the better for the photo.
General tips for choosing a printer
In addition to the above recommendations, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Control. Good printers are equipped with controls on the case and a display, which makes it possible to operate them without a PC.
- The cost of consumables and their capacity. When choosing between two models with the same parameters and price, you should clarify the cost of consumables and their capacity. This allows you to calculate the cost of photos, which will make it possible to draw conclusions about which model is more profitable.
- Print speed. For the home, this parameter is not particularly important, but if the device is bought for an office or photo studio, then print speed may matter.
- Print format. Most home photo printers support a maximum paper size of A4, but there are also large-format printers. When choosing, it is worth considering these features, since support for different paper sizes can unleash the user’s creativity.
The rating of photo printers will be opened by laser devices, which are the most profitable in terms of printing costs.
1. Brother HL-L2340DWR
The rating is opened by a laser photo printer from the Brother brand. The device pleases with a small size, as well as duplex printing. Image quality is 2400*600 dots, monochrome printing only. Bribes high speed — in a minute it takes 26 photos. The printer is equipped with a base cartridge for 1200 copies, but options for 1600 and 2400 pages are sold separately. Thanks to them, you can reduce the cost of one shot. Communication with a PC is made via Wi-Fi or USB cable.
- low cost photo.
- not very reliable.
VV All the declared functions are present and working, the possibility of wireless use, the paper is stored inside, there is a quiet and economical mode, the ability to adjust the print quality … ..
LLC. Having suffered with Panasonic and copier machines, I am delighted with this device. Bought 2 for work and home.
2. Canon i‑SENSYS LBP6030B
A small photo printer for the home received a resolution of 2400 * 600 dots and a speed of 18 ppm. It is monochrome, designed for sheets up to A4 in size. One refill will print 1600 pages. You can connect the printer to a laptop with a USB cable.
- cheap consumables;
- quality photos.
- not identified.
Sergey Yasenovsky I have been using a line of printers from Canon for more than a year. Prior to this, byd LBP6020. The main advantage is the low cost of refilling cartridges. The chips do not block the operation of the printer and do not require replacement.
Nicholas N. Good old printer on a proven base with proven and affordable consumables.
3. Xerox Phaser 3020BI
The monochrome printer from Xerox pleases with simplicity of work, and also high reliability. It is easy to refill, allowing you to print 1,500 or 3,000 photos, depending on the cartridge you choose. The model is quite fast, it manages to print 20 pages in a minute. It uses both a wire and Wi-Fi to communicate with a PC. There is also the possibility of printing over the air from mobile devices on iOS.
- easy to maintain;
- takes up little space.
- sometimes Wi-Fi cuts out.
Sergey Regular model. I liked the price, “compactness” and WiFi
Name hidden Wifi connection tool for mac
Inkjet models are the best for printing in terms of price-quality ratio. The most interesting of them in 2022 are presented below.
1. HP OfficeJet 202 Mobile
This model prints ten pages per minute with a resolution of 4800*1200 dots. It uses four colors, color cartridges are designed for 300 photos, and monochrome for 600. A USB cable is used to connect the printer to a PC, there is also built-in Wi-Fi. The largest supported sheet size is A4. The paint in the device is pigmented, that is, resistant to fading due to high humidity or sunlight.
- small sizes;
- easy to handle;
- there is a built-in battery.
- quite expensive consumables.
2. Canon PIXMA G1411
The best printer for photo printing is a Canon device with CISS, which significantly reduces the cost of one print. The device creates a photo with a resolution of 4800 * 1200 pixels on a maximum A4 paper size. It uses four separate colors. If you make black-and-white prints, then the ink is enough for 12,000 pages; in color, this parameter drops to 7,000. The performance is 5 and 8.8 photos in color and monochrome, respectively. Connection is only possible via USB.
- long-term use on one gas station;
- convenient in operation;
- high image resolution.
- slow speed;
- high volume.
3. Epson L132
This model is a real factory for printing photos, as it has a CISS with four separate inks, it provides excellent color reproduction and a high yield per refill equal to 4500 color prints and 7500 monochrome prints. The printer pleases with its speed, in a minute it will make 27 b / w photos and 15 color ones. It uses paper up to A4 in size, it can be connected to a PC with a USB cable.
- beautiful and high-quality photos;
- cheap photography.
- flimsy construction;
- not designed for thick paper.
The next top three models are sublimation printers, which most often have a mobile form factor, which makes them convenient to use not only at home. In addition, they are of high quality photographs.
1. Canon SELPHY CP1300
Canon’s compact photo printer is designed for 100*148mm pictures, which is A6 size. It has three colors, a resolution of 300*300 dots, the tray has a capacity of 18 pages. The device connects via USB or wireless network, equipped with a built-in battery, recognizes memory cards to print directly from them.
- photo quality;
- you can find cheap analogues of cartridges for refilling.
- demanding on storage (do not allow dust to enter the housing).
Dmitry G. Compactness, weight, possibility of work without the socket.
Excellent print quality.
Lacquer coating of pictures, which not only protects the card from “fingers”, but also allows you to make “matte” prints.
The “invisible” printing of the date on the prints is just a separate delight.
Name hidden The quality of the print is not inferior to photographs of photo salons. Mobile, but the battery is purchased separately. For home printing in small quantities and users who do not want to understand all the details of photo printing, this is an ideal option.
2 Canon Selfie CP900
10*15 cm photo print model with wired and wireless connection. She uses three colors, the resolution is 300 * 300 pixels. The printer can print from memory cards, runs on battery power and has a control panel on the body. One photo takes 47 seconds.
- offline work;
- convenient to use;
- nice photos.
- crops photos when printing borderless;
- expensive photo cost.
Ekaterina O. For a long time I chose a printer for home use. Since we print on a small scale, I decided to refuse an inkjet printer, since there is a problem of ink drying out. Sublimation printing gives amazing quality at a very reasonable price (about 12 rubles per photo).
Victor N. I was very surprised that canon refused to make firewood for wine 8.
Disable driver signature verification and run setup in win7 compatibility mode
3 Canon Selfie CP1000
The Canon Mobile Photo Printer is wired only. It has a battery, which allows you to use it without connecting to the mains. Supported paper should not exceed A6 format, the device uses three colors, pictures are taken with a resolution of 300 * 300. The controls are located on the case, there is also a card reader.
- photos are laminated.
- consumables are expensive.
Anton V. Compact. Prints anything, from anywhere. Very cool color rendition in the pictures, if you do not climb into the professional wilds. Protected laminated photos! Full delight.
Mikhail Kuts Sublimated printing is great. You can forget about the fact that the ink can dry out.
The last three best photo printers are portable devices designed to work with mobile devices.
1. Xiaomi Mijia AR ZINK
Thermal thermal color model designed to create 50*76mm photos, it takes about 45 seconds to make one copy. The model is compatible with Android and iOS, connects via microUSB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- fits in a pocket;
- easy to use.
- poor print quality.
Vladimir Ivanov The quality is not super, but who cares — my wife and I really liked it when compiling our baby’s album
Name hidden The girl died of joy
Now we will make an album of love and we will paste photos and all sorts of jokes there
2 Canon Zoemini
This model is presented in three colors and has a compact size that allows you to carry it in your pocket. The size of her pictures is 50 * 75 mm, the creation of photographs is carried out by thermal printing. The printer is battery powered, connects to iOS and Android, uses a Bluetooth connection for communication. One cartridge is enough for 10 photos.
- pocket size;
- nice pictures;
- easy to connect.
- special paper is quite expensive.
Love Entertainment is great! Already pasted over all the notebooks, the refrigerator and the cat. Prints fast and not noisy. Not super-quality, but for needlework / diary / party — a pleasant joy.
Roman Kolesnikov Compact, easy connection, the ability to quickly print photos is always positive emotions
This mobile printer is designed for standalone use. The built-in battery will allow you to print 160 photos 62*62 mm in size with a resolution of 318*318 pixels. The device uses three colors and thermal printing technology. It connects via Wi-Fi to smartphones and tablets with Android or iOS.
- high-quality photographs;
- long battery life.
- high cost of photography.
Alina S. After updating iOS to version 13, the Instax Share app turned into a pumpkin and still does not work (see reviews in the AppStore). Support suggests reinstalling. The printer gives various errors and does not print anything. With the purchase it is better to wait until the solution of this problem.
Venirossa I advise everyone who likes square pictures, and does not want to always carry a paloroid with them