Modern smartphones are so good that they are comparable to many much more massive devices. Here and a large screen resolution, and an impressive number of processor cores. But first of all, buyers are interested in a powerful camera and battery. Consider smartphones that demonstrate the best value for money.
Inexpensive smartphones with a good camera and battery
Xiaomi Redmi 9A
It’s always nice to get a quality device for little money. In the case of Xiaomi Redmi 9A, this is exactly the case: here the reliability is not inferior to the flagship models. Thanks to the large screen and stylish design, you can’t immediately tell that this is a budget smartphone.
The main advantage of the smartphone is a capacious 5000 mAh battery. If you use the phone is not very active, it is enough for two days of work.
On the back is a single camera with a resolution of 13 megapixels and f / 2.2 aperture. In high light, pictures are of decent quality, with good detail and color reproduction. If the scene is very contrasty, you can use the HDR photo mode.
Advantages of Xiaomi Redmi 9A:
- excellent workmanship and modern design;
- high autonomy;
- decent camera quality;
- the model is widespread, so there are many accessories for it.
Disadvantages of Xiaomi Redmi 9A:
- Not the fastest operating system.
Samsung Galaxy A13
Smartphone in the version of 32 gigabytes costs about 13 thousand rubles.
There are 4 cameras on the back of the device: a 50-megapixel main camera with f/1.8 aperture, a 5‑megapixel ultra-wide camera, and a pair of 2‑megapixel cameras (macro and depth sensor).
The quality of photos on the main camera of the Samsung Galaxy A13 — if the lighting is normal and the hands of the shooter are not trembling — turns out to be decent. The wide-angle 5‑megapixel camera is significantly inferior to the main one in terms of aperture and resolution, so you should not rely on it too much.
Advantages of Samsung Galaxy A13:
- large screen with good brightness, contrast and color reproduction;
- high autonomy;
- good photo quality, especially during the day;
- the presence of an audio jack, microSD and NFC-module for contactless payments.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy A13:
- processor power and memory capacity are inferior to Chinese smartphones at the same price;
- the ultra-wide-angle camera shoots worse than the main one: the resolution of the pictures is lower, the color reproduction is distorted.
Smartphones with a good camera and a powerful battery at an average price
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
There are many successful models among Xiaomi smartphones. Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro has a good camera quality. The resolution of the main camera is 108 megapixels, the aperture is f/1.9. But the main thing is that the matrix here is 1 / 1.52 “. Thanks to this, the quality of photography is not inferior to many flagships.
A 5020 mAh battery and not the most powerful processor are installed here. Therefore, the autonomy of the smartphone is very good. For example, in maximum brightness mode, you can watch video for 18 hours and play for 8 hours.
Advantages of Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro:
- modern smartphone design;
- AMOLED display with a frequency of 120 Hz ensures smooth operation of the interface, a bright, juicy picture;
- excellent battery capacity — the smartphone works for a long time;
- thanks to the modern architecture of the processor, the case does not heat up even under high loads;
- good sound quality from external speakers;
- infrared transmitter for use as a remote control for household devices (TV, media player, air conditioner).
Disadvantages of Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro:
- night shooting is not of the highest quality, with loss of detail in the shadows and a high level of noise;
- electronic stabilizer only works in 1080p video mode.
Poco F4 GT
If in terms of photos among mid-budget smartphones Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro wins, then with video everything is more difficult. People are increasingly watching videos on TVs in 4K, so this resolution is more relevant for recording video on a smartphone.
Poco F4 GT is one of the cheapest smartphones on the market with Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, which allows Poco to shoot video in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. In this, it is not inferior to most flagship smartphones. For example, the same Samsung and Apple perfectly manage 60 frames in 4K mode.
In addition, this smartphone can be considered a gaming smartphone: it allows you to enjoy even demanding applications in maximum quality.
The battery capacity here is 4700 mAh — less than the models recommended above. But this is compensated by ultra-fast charging — up to 100% in 17 minutes.
Advantages of Poco F4 GT:
- excellent workmanship, neutral design for a gaming smartphone;
- glass of the latest generation Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protects the display from scratches as much as possible;
- ultra-fast charging;
- 4K video recording at 60 frames per second.
Poco F4 GT Disadvantages:
- there is no telephoto camera that allows you to shoot from far away. For example, details of architecture or birds.
The best smartphone with a good camera and battery
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
Knowing the needs of most users, Apple pays a lot of attention to cameras in its smartphones. At the same time, the manufacturer has a special approach: here, computational photography is used to the maximum.
Even when you just launch the camera application, the smartphone determines the conditions of the future picture and keeps several images with different exposures in memory. When you press the shutter button, the last few frames are combined: for example, pictures with different exposures are merged into one high-quality one (the principle of HDR photography).
The Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max has a LIDAR sensor that scans the area in front of the cameras, determining the location of all objects and the exact distance to them. Smart software algorithms make the background blur as close as possible to what we see on professional cameras.
The smartphone not only shoots video in 4K 60 frames per second with stereo sound, but also perfectly compensates for hand shaking when shooting thanks to a powerful optical stabilizer.
The iPhone 13th generation introduced a cinematic video mode, which actively uses the effect of artificial bokeh (artistic background blur).
Advantages of the iPhone 13 Pro Max:
- impeccable workmanship and high water resistance;
- Brightest display with Dolby Vision support
- best-in-class battery life;
- excellent quality photos and videos.
Disadvantages of the iPhone 13 Pro Max:
- the cutout for the front sensors on the screen from above has decreased compared to previous models, but has not completely disappeared;
- A full charge takes more than two hours.
Comparison table of phones with a good camera and battery
|Smartphone||Xiaomi Redmi 9A||Samsung Galaxy A13||Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro||Poco F4 GT||Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|Screen size and technology||IPS LCD, 6.53||PLS LCD, 6.6||AMOLED, 6.67||AMOLED, 6.67||Super Retina XDR OLED, 6.7|
|Resolution and Pixel Density||720 x 160, ~269 ppi||1080 x 2408 ~400 ppi||1080 x 2400 ~395 ppi||1080 x 2408 ~400 ppi||1284 x 2778, ~458 ppi|
|Processor and video chipset||MediaTek, MT6762G Helio G25, PowerVR GE8320||Exynos 850 (8nm), Mali-G52||Qualcomm SM7150, Snapdragon 732G (8nm), Adreno 618||Qualcomm SM8450, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm), Adreno 730||Apple A15 Bionic (5nm), Apple GPU (5‑core graphics)|
|Memory||32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM||32GB 3GB RAM, 32GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM||64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM||128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM||128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM, 1TB 6GB RAM|
|Main camera||13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm, 1.0µm, PDAF||50 MP, f/1.8||108 MP, f/1.9, 26mm, 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF||64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm, 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF||12 MP, f/1.5, 26mm, 1.9µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS|
|Additional cameras||5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, 1/5″, 1.12µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)||8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ , 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF, 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)||8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)||12 MP, f/2.8, 77mm (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 12 MP, f/1.8, 13mm, 120˚ (ultra wide), PDAF|
|Front-camera||5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm||8 MP, f/2.2||16 MP, f/2.5, 1/3.06″, 1.0µm||20 MP, f/2.4, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm||12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm , 1/3.6″|
|Video filming||1080p@30/60fps||1080p@30fps||4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps||4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps, HDR||4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps|
|Battery capacity||5000 mAh||5000 mAh||5020 mAh||4700 mAh||4352 mAh|
|Time without recharging in talk mode / browsing sites / watching videos, h||38/14/19||38/16/16||29/14/18||19/12/14||27/20/24|
|Dimensions, mm||164.9 x 77.1 x 9||165.1 x 76.4 x 8.8||164 x 76.5 x 8.1||162.5 x 76.7 x 8.5||160.8 x 78.1 x 7.7|
Comparing different models of smartphones with each other, we can come to the following conclusions:
- Even the simplest smartphones are suitable for simple tasks like instant messengers and calls.
- If you use a smartphone actively, its speed and camera are important to you, then you should consider at least mid-budget models. For example, Samsung Galaxy A13 or similarly priced Xiaomi, Poco And if you pay extra for Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, you can be sure of the quality of the photos.
- For the latest games and video shooting, you need a smartphone with a powerful filling. For example, Poco F4 GT. But keep in mind that such gadgets have lower autonomy.
- In the most modern and expensive smartphones, not only the quality of shooting is higher, but also more cameras. In addition, the top models have smart new features and advanced shooting modes.
In general, photo and video quality is limited by the size of smartphones. If your plans are professional shooting, it is better to buy a camera.