The demand for smart technology is growing. The popularity of smart vacuum cleaners increased by 110% in 2021, and sales in the first half of 2022 increased by another 20%. Users appreciated smart assistants. With them, you can forget about garbage collection and carpet cleaning. There are models on the market in different price categories — from very budget to very expensive. Today we have collected for you the top inexpensive and good robotic vacuum cleaners for home and apartment.
How to choose the right model
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop Essential
Eufy RoboVac G10 Hybrid
How to choose the right model
You need to pay attention to:
- battery capacity and cleaning area. Typically, models with a 2600 mAh battery are enough for 2–3 room apartments up to 70 sq.m. With such a battery, the device can work for 60–100 minutes and go around the entire area 1–2 times in normal mode. If the area is larger, you need a battery from 3000 mAh;
- dust container volume. For a 1–2 room apartment without pets, 300 ml is enough. 400–600 ml is usually enough for a family with a cat or dog. It is better to take a slightly larger volume (350 ml+) so that during cleaning you do not have to clean the tank several times;
- noise level. The parameter is subjective. Most models in normal and quiet mode give out no more than 40 dB (as a quiet conversation). But in turbo mode there is more noise. If it is important that the model is as quiet as possible, it is better to choose with a maximum noise level of up to 55 dB;
- if it is important to clean the carpet — most models are generally not designed to clean pile longer than 1.5 cm. Therefore, a carpet with a long pile will definitely have to be cleaned differently. If the carpet has a short pile, immediately see if the vacuum cleaner can drive on it (whether it overcomes obstacles of 1.5–2 cm) and whether it has a turbo mode. Only in this case will he be able to pull out all the dust, wool, etc. that gets stuck between the fibers.
How do cheap models differ from expensive ones?
one. The number of options. For example, fewer sensors or they are not so accurate, less backlight, less voice command options.
2. No magnetic tape included, must be purchased separately. With its help, you can create “blind zones” into which the device will not enter. The vacuum cleaner scans the floor, collides with the magnetic tape and regards it as an obstacle, a fence that cannot be driven over.
3. There is no self-cleaning function. For example, Xiaomi Viomi S9 has it. Includes a large docking station. The gadget comes to her, joins and all the garbage is transferred to the tank in the dock itself. This is convenient if you are away on a business trip, and the robot cleans itself according to the schedule.
And if your budget is not very limited, you can check out our selection of robotic vacuum cleaners in different price categories.
Now let’s move on to the rating. All prices indicated in the material are valid at the time of writing.
The cheapest robot vacuum cleaner from our rating. This is a dry-cleaning-only model that can run up to 90 minutes on a single charge. The volume of the dust collector is 300 ml. Not the largest, but enough for regular cleaning. The device itself will call at the docking station upon completion of cleaning. The battery will fully charge in 4–5 hours.
Kitfort KT-5112 has several driving modes. He can move along a given route, only around the walls (handy if there is a carpet in the center and you don’t want to touch it), in a zigzag. Using the application, you can program the device to clean according to a schedule and according to a given route. He knows how to bypass obstacles and determine a dangerous height (for example, stairs). Therefore, it will not crash and fall.
At the most powerful suction mode, the volume of noise from the vacuum cleaner is large — 72 dB. Like a loud human voice. But there is also a quieter mode of operation.
There are 2 filters: coarse and fine. This allows you to get rid of both large and small debris.
The model is slightly more expensive than the previous one. Has several differences:
- large capacity of the dust collector — 600 ml versus 300 ml;
- longer duration of work on 1 charge — 120 minutes versus 90 minutes. This time is enough for light cleaning of a room up to 150 sq.m;
- longer charging time — 6 hours versus 4–5 hours.
The Kyvol D3 robot vacuum cleaner has 3 modes of operation, with which you can dry clean hard surfaces and carpets (with a short pile of 1–1.5 cm). There is a special function Auto Carpet Boos — increased suction power. It turns on automatically when the vacuum cleaner moves to the carpet. This allows you to better clean the dirt between the fibers.
The model will easily become part of the Smart Home ecosystem. You can manage it using Amazon Alexa, Yandex Alice, Google Assistant or through a special Kyvol application (available for both Android and iOS).
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop Essential
Xiaomi products are very popular. Both in the budget and in the expensive segment of various small and large equipment, you can find models with an optimal set of functions. Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop Essential is really one of the best inexpensive robotic vacuum cleaners with dry and wet cleaning function for the home:
- fast charging. For the first time, the device can be charged for a long time, up to 10 hours. But subsequent charges will take 2–4 hours;
- There is both wet and dry cleaning. For wet, you need to pour water into a special container and attach a cloth from below (included). Water from time to time wets the fabric, thanks to this, wet cleaning is carried out;
- the capacity of the garbage collector is 600 ml, and the operating time on a single charge is 90 minutes. This is enough for cleaning in the most powerful mode of a two- or small three-room apartment.
Top cheap vacuum cleaner robots are hard to imagine without this model. It is presented in white and black colors — you can choose the option that best fits into the interior.
The volume of the dust container (600 ml), the noise level (60 dB), the number of modes (3) are similar to Kyvol D3. But TCL 2000 has a few important additions:
- can overcome obstacles up to 2 cm high (not 1.5). It is important. Since carpets often have a high pile, there is a threshold between rooms that hides the joints of the floor covering. And it is not always easy for a robot vacuum cleaner to overcome such an obstacle. TCL 2000 can handle them with ease;
- there is not only a regular coarse and fine filter, but also a HEPA filter. What’s this? A special membrane, which consists of a porous material based on fiberglass. This is a “high-efficiency” filter that traps up to 99% of dust particles, allergens, and debris. Usually such a filter is installed in air purifiers. In comparison, a fine filter is capable of retaining from 45 to 98% of contaminants;
– this model has the most capacious battery from our top of the best robotic vacuum cleaners – 2900 mAh. One charge will last up to 150 minutes of continuous operation.
You can control the smart assistant through the TCL Home app. And he perceives voice commands through Google Assistant, Alexa, Alice.
Eufy RoboVac G10 Hybrid
The rating of inexpensive robotic vacuum cleaners is completed by a gadget with the function of wet and dry cleaning. This stylish black glossy model for 14,900 is the most expensive in our top. Advantages:
- almost silent operation — maximum volume of 55 dB — like a normal human conversation in a calm tone;
- on 1 charge it can work up to 100 minutes, which is enough to clean an average three-room apartment up to 80 sq.m;
- control using a smartphone — you can set up your routes, choose the time of cleaning, determine areas for cleaning;
- makes a lot of sounds — in the event of a collision, the end of the program, malfunctions, an overflowing tank, you will immediately receive a sound signal, and not just a notification on your phone;
- automatically sent to the docking station.
We collected the features of all the listed robotic vacuum cleaners in one table.
|Features/Model||Kitfort KT-5112||Kyvol D3||Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop Essential||TCL 2000||Eufy RoboVac G10 Hybrid|
|Cleaning type||Dry||Dry||Dry and wet||Dry||Dry and wet|
|Jam Alarm||Not||Not||There is||Not||There is|
|Dust container volume (ml)||300||600||600||600||450|
|Maximum noise level (dB)||72||60||62||60||55|
|Duration of work on 1 charge (min)||90||120||90||150||100|
|Charging time (hours)||4–5||6||four||6–7||5–6|
|Price (rubles)||8 700||9 800||from 14 000||14 200||14 900|