Orthopedic corsets are a convenient and effective tool for maintaining the spine in the desired position through orthotics. Orthotics is a method of treatment and prevention of pathologies of the musculoskeletal system with the help of special technical devices. In most cases, a corset for the spine is a special belt associated with stiffeners and special straps. This medical device is designed to treat injuries, curvature and other diseases and pathological conditions of the spine. The choice of an orthopedic corset should be taken very carefully, since an incorrectly chosen corset will not only not solve the problem, but will also aggravate it. Therefore, if you have back pain or other symptoms, be sure to first consult a doctor so that he can help you make the right choice.
To order a corset, simply enter “Mvita Posture Corrector” in the Wildberries search box.
Degree of fixation
First of all, orthopedic corsets are divided according to the degree of fixation. This property regulates the rigidity of the corset. The degree of fixation is: full, strong, medium, weak and variable.
1. Full degree of fixation — rigidly fixes the vertebrae in the desired position. The range of motion is severely limited. Usually prescribed in the post-traumatic period or in severe diseases of the spine.
2. Strong fixation — also firmly fixes the vertebrae, but retains the possibility of simple movements, so you can move and do light housework. It is used during the recovery period after surgery or with severe pain associated with inflammation of the nerve endings in the lumbar and sacral region.
3. Average degree of fixation — corsets have more flexible stiffening ribs than in previous models and do not deprive a person of his ability to work. They are prescribed for a long stay in one position or for chronic back pain. Mvita back corset has an average degree of fixation.
4. Weak fixation — these are soft corsets made of elastic materials. Indicated for posture correction, prevention of scoliosis and to relieve excessive stress on the back. With radiculitis and other painful conditions, warming corsets are prescribed. Such corsets simultaneously provide fixation, light massage and warming up.
5. Variable degree of fixation allows you to adjust the degree of rigidity according to the stage of treatment.
Most corsets have stiffeners. The presence of stiffeners in the model determines the force with which a particular bandage is able to fix a certain part of the body. The fewer hard liners, the weaker the fixation. Often, the stiffness of the ribs can decrease along their length: in the middle, the rib is more rigid, and less towards the edges. The effectiveness of the treatment is not determined by the number of ribs used in the corset. The rule “the more the better” does not work in this case. The effectiveness will depend on the overall design of the bandage, as well as on the patient’s compliance with the recommendations of the doctor. The Mvita posture corrector has 2 stiffeners.
1. Corset — a general concept of medical devices designed to change the structural and functional characteristics of the neuromuscular and skeletal systems: unloading, fixing and correcting the functions of a damaged joint or limb.
2. Support bandage — is a belt in which the back of the base of the product is made of inextensible fabric, and the side and front parts are made of elastic material. The product is reinforced with simulated metal stiffening ribs in the lumbosacral region, fan-shaped metal plates under the belly and a tie-back belt.
3. Hyperextensor. High-tech hyperextension corsets are a special orthopedic product that helps the spine to evenly distribute the load, relieves pain in the spine. Hyperextensor corsets are used after surgery, during the rehabilitation period, with minor vertebral fractures, metastases, osteoporosis, destructive osteomalacia, etc.
Type of corset at the place of application
The type of corset at the site of application depends on the part of the spine that needs support. There are three types of corsets:
1. Thoracolumbar. Fixes part of the spine from the upper thoracic to the lumbar. The thoracolumbar corset consists of a supporting base of various levels of rigidity and loops that are worn over the shoulders. Such a corset is prescribed for straightening and supporting the back in case of posture disorders, scoliosis, as well as during the recovery period after injuries and operations. Orthopedic corrector Mvita just belongs to this type of corsets.
2. Lumbosacral. Fixes the lower back at the level of the waist and sacrum. By its design, the sacro-lumbar corset resembles a bandage with additional stiffening ribs. These corsets are effective for back pain, they are also used to fix the corresponding section of the spine during increased physical exertion and during rehabilitation after fractures or other injuries.
3. Thoracic-sacral. Provides fixation along the entire length of the spine. It is indicated for stabilization of the body in a certain position after injuries, fractures, surgical operations, as well as in the presence of pain.
To determine the size of the corset, you need to take a certain number of measurements, depending on the type of corset. This is mainly the waist, waist circumference and hips. Measurements should be made without clothes and on the eve of the purchase, since even a couple of extra centimeters can play a role. Any specialist from the Mvita team will help you choose the right size, and you can also choose the size thanks to the size table in the card of our product.
It is very important what materials the corset is made of. The materials from which the corset is made must be natural, easy to wash, hypoallergenic, not deformed during operation, it is better to give preference to products with cotton fabric inserts.
It must be remembered that the mere use of an orthopedic corset is only an addition to treatment that helps the body cope with pathological changes, but does not eliminate their cause.
Compliance with the rules of wearing a posture corrector, control over maintaining the position of the back outside of wearing a corset and regular physical activity (are recommended) will allow you to get rid of back problems that can be solved with the help of a posture corrector.
Search and order “Mvita Orthopedic Posture Corrector” on Wildberries.
Move to health with Mvita!