5 Best Window Air Conditioners
Window air conditioners are large monoblocks that are installed in a window or a special opening. In this article, we have compiled a ranking of the best models of 2022.
- one Criteria for choosing a good window air conditioner
- 2 The Best Window Air Conditioners
- 2.1 1. BALLU BWC-07 AC
- 2.2 2. General Climate GCW-05CM
- 2.3 3. General Climate GCW-12HR
- 2.4 4. Ballu BWC-09 AC
- 2.5 5. General Climate GCW-09HR
Criteria for choosing a good window air conditioner
Let’s start with the fact that window air conditioners are not always suitable for rooms with modern double-glazed windows. If it is present, it is better to choose another way to cool the room. If you still decide to opt for this type of air conditioner, you should consider the following parameters:
- Power and size of the room. Both criteria affect the effectiveness of the chosen model, and therefore are very important. First you need to calculate the volume of the room, and then apply a simple formula: divide the resulting volume by 10. As practice shows, 1 kW of power is enough to cool a room of 10 square meters. m. The formula works for all rooms with ceilings up to 3 meters high.
- The maximum possible air flow. This criterion is measured in cubic meters, the selection should be carried out according to the following ratio: for every 10–15 meters of area, a device is required that produces 5–6 m³.
- Noise level. The more time people spend indoors with window air conditioning, the more important this criterion is (especially at night before bed). Typically, the manufacturer indicates the minimum and maximum noise levels, but the importance of this indicator is purely subjective, since the sensitivity of all people is different. Experts advise before buying to check how the selected model works in silence.
It is useful to have air conditioners with several modes of operation. This expands the capabilities of the equipment and makes it versatile. Below are 4 examples of multi-mode products:
- Some models are able not only to cool, but also to heat the air. They are not much more expensive, but they are well suited for places with a cold climate. An ideal solution for an apartment with weak central heating.
- Air conditioners with dehumidification mode absorb all excess moisture. Useful for rainy weather and apartments without balconies.
- Designs with an additional ventilation duct are a good way to get rid of stuffiness. They can operate in forced ventilation mode and deliver air from the street to the apartment.
- The last mode is ventilation. If the room temperature is acceptable, it still continues to work, but only purifying the air.
All the functions described above can be combined with each other depending on the model. But the developers did not limit themselves to them and added advanced functionality that makes life easier for customers. There are three main areas here:
- Oriented to remote control and expansion of modes. The manufacturer is trying to make sure that the user can adapt the operation of the device for himself, for this he adds the ability to change the direction of the flow, its power, and so on. All this can be done while lying on the bed.
- Auto-restart function, useful after a power outage.
- Self-diagnosis that detects problems and allows you to quickly repair the model.
The Best Window Air Conditioners
The following five models have good characteristics and are as versatile as possible. They also compare well in the price / quality category.
1. BALLU BWC-07 AC
A good model in white, has dimensions WxHxD of 47x53.5x35.5 cm. Its weight is 25 kg, it consumes 630 watts of power. Consists of external and internal blocks. The first is mounted outdoors, and the second is inside. They are connected to each other with copper pipes. The model is designed for a room with a recommended area of 20 square meters. m. The indoor unit is noisy, but it is difficult to call it loud, it emits only 49 dB of noise. The developers made the air flow capacity 6.5 cubic meters. m/min The cooling power is 2050W. The functionality consists of four modes: ventilation, cooling, dehumidification and night.
- 4 operating modes;
- nice price;
- remote control.
- makes noise.
Ivan Saveliev It performs its function well. Pretty big (but most likely they are all like that).
Fedy C. Modern, eco function, switching off when the set temperature is reached
2. General Climate GCW-05CM
Window air conditioner type “monoblock”, suitable for small apartments and has a weight of 16 kg. The width of the device is 40.6 cm, the height is 30.6 cm, the depth is 33.5 cm.
The air consumption is 200 cubic meters. m / h, the operating temperature of the outside air varies between 18–43 degrees. There is a dehumidification mode that draws moisture from the room. Energy saving class — C. This means that it will save from 15 to 30% of thermal energy. Separately, it is worth noting the ease of installation, thanks to which you can try to figure out all the nuances yourself.
- the weight;
- ease of installation.
- noise level.
Andrew N. 1) Price (although this, almost the only advantage, will probably not be there soon either).
2) Cools normally when properly installed.
Denis Nick The price is one of the cheapest.
Simplicity of design.
3. General Climate GCW-12HR
This window-type air conditioner is suitable for large rooms of 30–40 sq. m. On the other hand, the manufacturer claims that the maximum floor area is 54 sq. m. m. Its dimensions are appropriate: 56x40x65 cm (this is slightly above average). With its dimensions, the model is quite quiet, the minimum noise level is 45 dB. The airflow level can be adjusted, the maximum figure is 9.166 cubic meters. m.
The GCW-12Hr has a remote control that has a timer function that turns the air conditioner on and off alternately. In addition to the standard mode, you can turn on the heating option. The power in both cooling and heating mode is 3500 watts.
- high power;
- noise level — 45 W;
- multiple functions.
Nicholas S. Perfectly overcame the July and August heat of 21 years. And when it’s not needed, it just hangs outside the window.
Boris M. Cools perfectly, relatively quiet, air flow from the street.
4. Ballu BWC-09AC
This air conditioner has a large number of positive reviews, but is slightly overpriced. The model is designed for rooms with an area of up to 24 square meters. m. There is a two-year warranty from the manufacturer. The indoor unit is a little noisy, the minimum value is 49 dB, so the device is more suitable for a living room or a similar room. The airflow has a capacity of 6.5 cu. m/min
There are 4 operating modes: standard, cooling, automatic and night. In order to cope with problems, the device performs self-diagnostics from time to time. There is a remote control that will allow you to adjust the power, modes, set timers, etc.
- ease of installation;
- number of modes.
- some users have problems with the configuration.
Dmitry Z. Advantages — ease of installation, small size, well, the price.
Vladislav G. We thought about buying a split system or a mobile outdoor one in an apartment, we chose an average one, they took this one. It does not seem to interfere on the windowsill, relatively inexpensive installation and cost. At the moment we are using it, there is a good coolness, the blinds are comfortably guided, it is convenient to set up.
5. General Climate GCW-09HR
This window air conditioner is slightly less noisy than the others (44 dB). It is designed for rooms with an area of 26 square meters. m. The width is small — 45 cm, height — 34.6, depth — 53.4 cm. There is an antibacterial filter that can clean the air well in the room and more or less well in the whole apartment. Air flow capacity — 7 cubic meters. m/min
The kit comes with a remote control that has a function to turn on / off the timer. The model works not only for cooling, but also for heating. The total power for all modes is 2600 watts. The manufacturer worked on the details, he installed anti-vibration weights on the internal pipelines, and also made a good filter.
- good equipment;
- heating function.
- the heating function is poorly developed.
Yuri C. While new, it makes less noise than indicated in the technical specifications. Turning the compressor on and off can only be noticed with special supervision — well done.
Pavel Morozov I have been using air conditioners since 2006. I don’t like to “sweat uncontrollably” in the heat. At home, you need to rest from everything, including the heat.