7 quietest washing machines
Previously, any washing machine could be heard from afar, and everyone had to put up with it. However, today some models work almost silently. We tell you how to choose the quietest washing machine in 2022.
- one What criteria affect the noise level of the washing machine
- 2 Embedded
- 2.1 1. Electrolux PerfectCare 700 EW7W3R68SI
- 2.2 2. Asko W6984FI
- 2.3 3. Bosch WIW 28540
- 3 Front loading
- 3.1 1. Haier HW60-BP10959
- 3.2 2. Whirlpool BI WDWG 861484
- 3.3 3. Eurosoba 1000
- 3.4 4. Beko WMI 81241
What criteria affect the noise level of the washing machine
The silent washing machine does not have a unique design, it is assembled in the same way as louder models. The following parameters affect the noise level during operation of the unit:
- Motor. If you want to purchase a silent machine, choose a model with an inverter motor. There are no parts in its design that, when in contact, create friction. As a result, the washing machine does not emit an additional hum. The inverter motor quickly reaches the set speed and maintains them accurately, which also affects the noise level.
- Drive unit. Its difference lies in the fact that the design does not require the presence of extra elements — a belt and other parts. Therefore, the device works as if light. At least that’s how it’s commonly thought. In fact, it all depends on the quality of the parts of a particular model: some options with a belt rattle much less than models with direct drive.
- Dimensions. Everything is simple here: the larger the washing machine, the quieter it works (with rare exceptions). This is due to the fact that the overall machine is more stable and less prone to vibrations — it is simply harder to budge. Such machines stand firmly on the floor even at the maximum spin speed and do not bother users with their hum and rumble. But miniature models are more likely to make noise (and sometimes even “run away” from their place) due to their lower weight and low stability. Therefore, if space allows, we advise you to opt for the overall version.
- How to load laundry. Front-loading appliances are quieter. The layout of the internal parts in them is freer, which is why they are less prone to vibration. Vertical loading saves space, but greatly reduces stability, especially during the spin cycle.
Such washing machines can be built into furniture — for example, hidden behind the kitchen door or sent under the sink. At the same time, the general style of the house is not violated, and the car does not catch the eye.
1. Electrolux PerfectCare 700 EW7W3R68SI
Quiet, front-loading washing machine with advanced features — just what you need for a large family. In addition to clothes and bed linen, Electrolux PerfectCare will easily wash blankets, pillows and winter jackets down, that is, the need for dry cleaning from users upon purchase will immediately disappear. The device has a built-in dryer — you no longer have to look for a place for wet laundry. A big plus is the steam treatment function after the completion of the main wash cycle. Steamed clothes are easier to iron, and they are soft and silky to the touch.
- the quality of drying and washing;
- silent operation.
- no moisture collector.
ogneptax Overall, this is a great purchase! I forgot what a drying rack in the middle of the apartment and clothes that have been drying for weeks in wet weather are. Thanks to progress and Electrolux =) — this is perhaps the most successful investment after a dishwasher and a vacuum cleaner robot.
George M. Quiet, shallow, excellent 1 hour wash+dry program
Setting the time for each program (according to the options specified by the manufacturer, for example, 50 min‑1.5 hours‑2 hours)
2. Asko W6984FI
Washing machine with non-standard appearance, warmly received by users. Asko has an electronic display and over 12 automatic programs. A feature of the model is the presence of mode cancellation — a useful feature that not all analogues have. The drum volume is 7 kg, the maximum spin speed is 1800 rpm, which is impressive. Each mode can be adjusted during operation. After the end of the cycle, you do not have to wait a few more minutes: the door will unlock immediately, which will appeal to busy users. The owners noted the impeccable quality of parts and assembly.
- ease of download;
- build quality;
- economical use of resources;
- ease of operation.
- button layout.
Barbara D. Convenient operation, economical consumption of water, electricity and detergents, signal for the end of work, foam control and imbalance suppression during the spin cycle.
Name hidden Used by a family with 3 small children. Probably one of the best machines. I would even say the best of those that I have exploited, I have not tried it for miles. Washes even sleeping bags. Definitely better than the Kaiser and other consumer goods.
3. Bosch WIW 28540
Bosch WIW is equipped with the innovative EcoSilence Drive non-contact motor, which ensures minimal vibrations and, as a result, no loud sounds during cycles. In addition to an impressive set of automatic modes, Bosch WIW has a sensitive program specially designed for people prone to allergies. Things are carefully cleaned, after which they are cleaned of allergens, so they can be safely worn even for those with sensitive skin.
- energy efficiency;
- the presence of the function of the projection of the display on the floor;
- classic design.
- high price.
Name hidden Energy efficient, overall build quality, floor projection and drum lighting, quiet when washing.
Name hidden Expensive, but among the built-in there is nothing more worthy.
The following guests of the rating are for the most part freestanding washing machines, that is, it will no longer be possible to harmoniously fit them into the interior. If this doesn’t matter to you, keep reading. As a rule, stand-alone devices are not so expensive, and the quality is not inferior to built-in counterparts.
1. Haier HW60-BP10959
Compact, stylish and functional, the Haier HW60 is very quiet despite its small size. It has a special drum surface that does not injure even the thinnest fabrics. After washing, the Haier HW60 steams things to kill pathogens and give the laundry extra softness. The device independently calculates the amount of water and the optimal time for effective washing of each type of fabric.
- the presence of a fast mode of 15 minutes;
- stylish minimalistic design;
- low cost;
- easy and fast connection.
- no leakage protection.
Roman S Beautiful, stylish, good washing quality, convenient and intuitive interface
Alexander K. Low noise level.
The optimal set of programs.
Japanese inverter motor with 12 years warranty
2. Whirlpool BI WDWG 861484
Whirlpool BI can easily wash 8 kg of clothes and dry 6 kg. In it you can wash voluminous blankets and bedspreads, curtains and down jackets. Equipped with the Freshcare+ steam function: thanks to the hot steam treatment, the fabric not only becomes softer, but also gets rid of foreign odors and bacteria. Drying has several adjustable modes. The inverter motor will not disturb the owner with a knock even at the maximum spin speed. Separately, it is worth mentioning the economical use of water and electricity. This machine can be built into the interior — and this is at its low cost.
- value for money;
- drum volume;
- drying quality.
- after drying, things may be crumpled;
- inability to change the preset temperature in some modes.
Olga Olga If you buy not only for the drying function, but more for washing, then I recommend it.
3. Eurosoba 1000
The name of the manufacturer may not be familiar to you, but the devices of this company have received excellent reviews from customers for many years. When creating the Eurosoba 1000, the emphasis was on functionality — it cannot boast of a stylish design or a digital display. But it washes clothes perfectly and works almost silently. It’s a fairly compact washing machine and is meant to be installed under the sink, so if you’re limited on space, we recommend taking a closer look at the Eurosoba. An interesting feature is the control panel located on top, and not above the hatch, as with most standard devices.
- reliability of work;
- ease of operation;
- high-quality washing with a minimum amount of powder.
- quality of plastic finishing;
- the complexity of the instructions.
Lisa G. Compared to more well-known companies for the same characteristics, the price tag is 20 percent lower here. Everything works great.
Osipova Tatiana I got home this model of a washing machine about two months ago, there is nothing to complain about, it works great, it wrings out quickly.
4. Beko WMI 81241
It holds more than 7 kg of linen, which means it is suitable even for a large family. It belongs to the energy class A+, despite the dimensions. Beko WMI has over 10 automatic programs and 7 additional options to choose from. Judging by user reviews, it does an excellent job not only with a standard set of fabrics, but also with wool, children’s clothing and delicate linen. Equipped with digital display.
- drum capacity;
- number of programs;
- removal of even difficult stains.
- accumulation of water between the rubber bands of the drum;
- excessive display brightness;
- right-sided opening of the hatch (an atypical option, not convenient for everyone).
Masha G. Unpleasant situation. Brought it home and found it unusable. Breakdown in the first minute.
Kuzminsky E. The washing machine is installed in the bathroom, in the closet, I like that the facade is closed. There is a delayed start function, which is very convenient when several overall devices are working, so as not to overload the network, and even program washing in an economical period.