Now the quality of picture and sound plays an important role. Users will not like the video if the picture is dim, the objects are hard to see, and the presenter is hard to hear. We have already talked about how to choose a good microphone in the blog. Let’s talk about cameras today. In this material, we have collected those with which you can shoot video in 4K format. All prices are current at the time of writing.
EKEN H6s EIS
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Canon EOS R5
The lightest and most compact devices. They are designed for extreme, fast recording, will help to capture any movement. This is the device that is definitely worth taking with you on a trip. And of course, in 2022, many such gadgets can provide high-quality shooting.
EKEN H6s EIS
The cheapest camera (10,820 rubles) capable of shooting 4K in our rating. It is compact (59x41x21 mm), light (66 g), mounted on a helmet, arm, scooter or bicycle.
Advantages of the EKEN camera:
- there is image stabilization. It doesn’t matter if you are standing still or cycling through the mountains — the picture will not shake much. Of course, for greater reliability, it is better to buy a stabilizer for action cameras. But the built-in will be enough for the picture to be smoother;
- there is a special aquabox in the kit for underwater shooting. It will protect the gadget from getting wet;
- You can also control the camera using the remote control (included). With it, you can start and end shooting, being at a remote distance from the camera;
- Shooting in 4K is possible at 30 frames per second (fps). At Full HD, the frame rate can be increased up to 60 per second.
A more expensive model that can record video in FHD, 1080p, 1440p, 2K, 2.7K and 4K.
You can install an action camera not only on those surfaces that EKEN H6s EIS. But also for drones. This will allow you to shoot close-ups, make videos at high altitude. The main thing is to pre-register the quadcopter (if it weighs more than 150 grams). And get permission to fly, if needed. You can find this out with local authorities. If you are planning to buy a quadcopter, read our text on how to choose the right drone. If you already have a quadcopter, we advise you to learn how to use a quadcopter and what are the flight rules.
The GoPro HERO9 action camera has a special mode for night shooting. Now clear video can be obtained not only in good light, but also at dusk.
Looking for a gadget to take cool pictures and record videos in 4K?
Then a DSLR is the right choice. They are often chosen for work, as they allow you to get a picture of excellent quality.
Semi-professional digital camera for 103,990 rubles with:
- auto fast focus. Catches not only static, but also moving objects, you can assign tracking for them. They will be in focus while moving;
- image stabilization.
The Nikon D500 can shoot in 4K for up to 30 minutes non-stop. The device is connected via Bluetooth to a smartphone. Through the proprietary SnapBridge application, you can:
- to configure the camera;
- immediately publish material to social networks;
- change the image size and so on.
A significant advantage is that the body of the Nikon D500 is made of magnesium alloy and carbon fiber. As a result, it is more durable than earlier models.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Cool camera with lightning-fast focus, 30-megapixel sensor, fast touchscreen (good response) and user-friendly interface. There is such a SLR camera capable of shooting video in 4K, 168,890 rubles.
With this device, it will be possible to shoot high-quality videos even in low light. In this case, there will be no loud noises.
- shooting speed 7 frames per second;
- there is tracking autofocus — even when the target is actively moving (for example, running), it will remain clear;
- you can transfer pictures directly to your smartphone (thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi module);
- There is a connector for a remote control and an infrared receiver. You can control the device through the remote control.
The only drawback that users note in the reviews is that the battery runs out quickly. But it is enough to have a couple of charged batteries with you so that the problem does not take you by surprise.
The current list of the best cameras for vloggers was taken out in a separate article, and now let’s talk about the best mirrorless cameras for recording video in 4K.
A camera with impeccable design, high-end sensor and fast processor. Thanks to accurate color reproduction, it does not distort real shades and allows you to reproduce the entire gamut of tones in a picture or video.
There is a convenient LCD display (diagonal 3 inches), bright, with increased viewing angles. It is convenient to follow the shooting process from any angle.
A significant advantage of the model is the IBIS stabilization system. What is its feature? Performs 5‑axis stabilization. For this, gyroscopic sensors and an improved shock-absorbing structure are used. Thanks to this, the picture will be clear, not blurry and not trembling even when moving.
A fully charged battery lasts up to 85 minutes of 4K video recording.
Canon EOS R5
The most expensive model from our selection. It costs 385,890 rubles. This is a professional camera capable of shooting video not only in 4K quality, but also in 8K. The frame rate at 4K is 50–60 per second, with slow motion — up to 120. At 8K, the maximum frame rate is 30 frames per second.
The display is liquid crystal, touch, rotary, 3.15 inches diagonally. You can turn it to almost any angle. For example, turn to yourself to take a selfie.
The Canon EOS R5 camcorder has hybrid in-camera image stabilization. A new focusing system has also been installed, which better recognizes animals (not only dogs and cats, but also birds). Animal photographers will appreciate this feature.
Our top small list of camcorders completes. How to choose the right one, we have already written in the blog.
A gadget from the middle price segment for 60,990 rubles. Compact (142x77x68mm), portable, lightweight (700g). Therefore, it is suitable for travel (for example, if you need to record your adventure). There is an image stabilizer. Thanks to this, the picture will not shake even when moving or traveling in a vehicle.
- high luminosity.
About what it is and what it affects — they wrote in the blog;
- autofocus works quickly, easily catches even fast moving objects;
- zooming while shooting does not affect focus. You can make smooth rides;
- there is a photo mode.
The Panasonic HC-VX1 camcorder is a good choice if you are looking for an inexpensive camcorder with fast autofocus, powerful zoom, and good image stabilization.
A more expensive model (from 181,140 rubles) with a wide-angle 29mm lens and high-speed focus. With it, you can easily capture even those objects that move very quickly in the frame. For example, a race car driver.
- The Sony FDR-AX700 camcorder can zoom in without loss of quality thanks to 24x Clear Image digital zoom;
- there is a rotary touch display through which you can control the gadget;
- video can be recorded in normal mode, slow and fast;
- via WiFi, you can connect to a smartphone (and control the camera through it);
- Included is a remote control.
We hope that our material will help you choose a professional or amateur camera for shooting video in 4K.