Do you want your balcony to become the subject of delight for all neighbors and passers-by? And how nice it is to drink coffee in the morning and enjoy the view of fragrant flowers … We have compiled a list of everything you need to decorate the best “French” balcony in your area!
Checklist: What do you need?
To decorate the balcony you need to purchase:
- Annual flower seedlings — you can buy them at your local nursery or order them online. Look for the rating of the most popular varieties in the second part of the article.
- Soil — you can take a special one for flowers, but a universal one is also suitable.
- Drainage — exactly the same as that taken for indoor plants. It can be ordered from WB.
- Balcony boxes — they can be of different lengths, but it is better to take a width of 12 cm or more — so your balcony flower beds will be more magnificent, and the plants will be more hardy — their roots will have enough room to grow.
- Holders for balcony boxes — here it is important to choose the right size, and galvanized metal will be the best material, which will last for many years.
We recommend our metal flower pot brackets. We have two types, they will be enough:
- The holder for balcony boxes on the railing (https://www.wildberries.ru/catalog/77278902/detail.aspx?targetUrl=GP) is an ideal solution for open balconies, terraces and loggias. Handy dimensions are ideal for drawers 10–12 cm wide and 12 to 16 cm high. The maximum railing diameter is 7 cm.
- Wall-mounted holder for balcony boxes (https://www.wildberries.ru/catalog/79836908/detail.aspx?targetUrl=GP) — an additional decoration for creating a flowering corner with additional wall decor. Fasten with self-tapping screws directly to the wall (not included). Fits drawers 10 to 16 cm wide and 12 to 16 cm high.
A more detailed description can be obtained by clicking on the photo below.
Balcony drawer holders are made of durable galvanized steel. Rod diameter 5 mm. These brackets can withstand a load of up to 20 kg — a set of two pieces is enough to fix a drawer up to 100 cm long! And if your boxes are longer, you can take two sets — the price does not bite.
Galvanization protects the metal from the negative effects of precipitation and humidity — the brackets will retain a neat appearance for many years. The laconic design does not detract from the beauty of the pots and flowers.
TOP 5 annual flowers for decorating a balcony
Geranium (or pelargonium) — blooms continuously throughout the warm season. She needs a lot of light, she tolerates direct rays well and is ideal for a south balcony.
Balsam — neat small flowers on a fluffy “crown” love the shade, so they will be an excellent tool for decorating the northern balcony.
Cyclamen is an exquisite flower with delicate petals and patterned leaves. It does not like direct light, it develops better in cold regions where the summer temperature does not exceed 20 degrees.
Verbena is an ornamental garden plant that blooms from June to November. Suitable for east or west balconies where lighting changes throughout the day.
Bougainvillea — winding cascades that will add to your balcony a resemblance to a blooming waterfall. Resistant to direct light, loves temperatures from 23 to 27 degrees.
We recommend diluting the composition with calistegia, clematis, morning glory, marigolds or daisies, zinnia.
Good luck with your creativity! We suggest not to delay and start shopping with the purchase of brackets in our store.