Buying a new phone comes with the hassle of transferring data from an old device. To prevent this operation from taking a whole day, you need to use one of the methods described below. Each one helps automate the process of transferring Android app data to a new smartphone. Even if you have never done anything like this and have no idea how to do it, with the help of our instructions you will quickly figure everything out and be able to transfer data to another phone yourself.
App Library on Google Play
This is not the best way to help transfer data from an old Android to a new one, but it is often used. The main disadvantage of this method is that each application is installed individually in order of priority. With a large number of installed programs, this takes a long time. The method can be used when you need to quickly transfer several applications to a new device without using additional software for this.
In fact, not all data is transferred, but simply the installation of previously used programs on a new smartphone. Built into any Android system, the Google Play service allows you to view a list of all applications that have ever been downloaded from the current account. This is a kind of personal library with software.
To see the list of installed applications, you need to open Google Play and log in to it, if you have not already done so. Next, you should tap on the avatar in the upper right corner, calling the drop-down menu. There is an item “Manage applications and devices”. You need to click on it and do the following:
- Go to the “Management” tab.
- Click on the “Installed” button and select another item in the drop-down menu — “Not installed”.
- A list of all previously used programs will open.
- To transfer this data from your phone to your Android phone, you need to check the boxes next to the applications and click on the download button on top.
- The download of files will begin, after which the programs will automatically begin to install.
Similarly, you can transfer not only programs, but also games.
File Manager ES File Explorer
It is one of the most popular file managers on Google Play that you can install on your smartphone or tablet. The application has many useful features and tools, including transferring programs and games to other Android gadgets.
You can download this software on Google Play, where it is easier to find it under other names — ES File Manager or File Explorer. After installing the application on both devices, you need to turn on Bluetooth on them. Next, ES Explorer is launched and the following actions are performed:
- Select the APPs tool from the menu.
- Find and tick the apps and games that you want to transfer to another smartphone.
- Select the “Send” function on the bottom control panel.
- A small menu will appear with file transfer options. Bluetooth must be selected.
- The device selection window for transferring apps from phone to Android phone will open. You need to find the desired gadget in the list.
- On the second device, it remains to confirm the acceptance of the file with the “Accept” button.
- When the transfer is completed, it remains to go to the folder with the saved APK file and run it.
A typical message will appear on the display prompting you to install the program on your smartphone. You must confirm the procedure by clicking on the “Install” button. Similarly, you can install all other applications and games that were transferred using ES File Explorer.
With a Gmail account, you can use the backup function of applications and games to Google Drive. It is only necessary to activate the corresponding option on the old phone:
- Open the settings menu on your smartphone.
- Go to the Google section.
- Find in the item “Backup” and tap on it.
- Activate the function “Upload to Google Drive” or “Auto-download from Google One” (this depends on the version of Android).
- Click on “Start copying”.
When the operation is completed, you need to pick up a new smartphone and turn it on. A prompt to restore data will appear on the screen. If the phone is not new, you need to do a full reset to the factory settings on it, and then the necessary menu will appear when you turn it on.
In it, you must click on the “Start” button to start the procedure. There will be three options for further action. You must select the second one — “Copy from cloud storage”. The system will ask you to enter your Google account information, after which one or more backups will appear on the screen, from which you will have to select the one you need.
This functional application helps you quickly transfer data from one Android to another. Works similar to the ES Explorer program described above. The procedure is simple and intuitive:
- First you need to download and install the APK Extractor application from Google Play.
- Bluetooth must be enabled on both phones to transfer data.
- After starting the program in the list of files, you need to find the application that you want to transfer.
- A menu will open in which you need to select the “Submit” item.
- A list of file transfer options will appear, in which there is Bluetooth — you need to tap on it.
- All available devices will appear on the screen. Among them, there should be a second phone, if you did not forget to activate Bluetooth on it.
The uploaded file will appear in a separate folder. By default, a directory called Bluetooth is created in the smartphone’s memory. It should contain the transferred APK. It must be launched by initiating the installation of the program.
Which way to choose?
In fact, all the methods described above for transferring applications to Android 11 are similar to each other. There are other applications, but functionally they are almost the same.
If there are few programs on your smartphone, APK Extractor or even a library from Google Play will do. Users who have a lot of apps or games are better off with Google Backup or ES File Explorer app. With their help, you can move programs not one by one, but all at once.