Do people need tablets in 2022? Yes! Large hardware stores note that demand for them has increased by 25% (compared to 2019). These are not just weak gadgets for web surfing, but powerful devices for games, work and entertainment. We have collected for you the top best gaming tablets in 2022. All prices are current at the time of writing.
What to Look for When Buying a New Gaming Tablet
one. CPU is a key feature. If it’s powerful, most games will run. No one can guarantee a successful launch of 100% at maximum speed. As time passes, more demanding games are emerging for which the top hardware of 2020–2021 is already outdated. Powerful processors for gaming devices are made by such companies as Snapdragon, Intel, Mediatek and Apple. Most tablets suitable for gaming are: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860–865, HiSilicon Kirin 980–990, Apple A12Z.
2. CPU frequency, MHz. This parameter affects the speed of data processing, performance. The lower the indicator, the slower the device works and freezes more. For the budget segment, a frequency of 1900 MHz is considered acceptable. But for top gaming tablets in 2022, it should be from 2500 MHz.
3. Number of Cores. Cores are computing units. The more of them, the more productive the device. The faster it launches games, opens files. The optimal indicator is from 6.
four. Screen size — for a gaming tablet, this characteristic is important. All small objects are visible on the big screen. It is better to choose models with a screen of 10 inches. The quality, clarity and richness of the picture are no less important. Therefore, the screen resolution must be at least 1920x1080. If the picture is dull, of poor quality, a person will strain his eyesight more during the game. And this will lead to dryness and redness of the eyes.
5. Battery — a powerful gaming tablet must withstand the increased daily load. Therefore, the capacity should be from 7000 mAh. This is enough for 7–12 hours of active use.
6. RAM from 6 GB. The more it is, the less the tablet freezes, the more productive it is.
7. Built-in memory — from 128 GB. So that there is enough space for all your favorite games.
eight. Body material. If increased shock resistance is important for you, it is better to choose a model in a metal case. Plastic ones are easier to damage.
Xiaomi Pad 5
The rating of gaming tablets 2022 opens with a budget but powerful model from Xiaomi. The Xiaomi Pad 5 128gb tablet is equipped with everything a gamer needs:
- fast processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 860. It is 8‑core, can be overclocked up to 2960 MHz. Thanks to this, the Xiaomi gaming tablet can easily run most modern games. For comparison, Mi Pad 4 could only overclock to 2200 MHz;
- battery with increased capacity (8720 mAh). This is enough for 10–12 hours of gaming and 14 hours of web surfing;
- 11-inch bright and juicy IPS display, which shows all the small objects. The matrix updates the image at a speed of 120 Hz. This means that on the Xiaomi gaming tablet, games will run smoothly, without picture interruptions.
A nice addition is eye protection technology. It consists in reducing blue radiation from the display. Excessive exposure to it can lead to inflammation of the cornea, conjunctiva, and harm the lens.
Tablet Huawei Honor V6
Beautiful, stylish and versatile gadget. You can use Honor V6 for games, work with photos and videos, files.
Multi-screen mode is provided. This means that it can be synchronized with a smartphone. After that, the display can be divided into 2 parts. One of them will show what is happening on the phone screen. This is convenient if you gave a smartphone to a child, while you yourself work on a tablet. So you can control what content he views.
Tablet Huawei Honor Pad V6 is suitable for most modern games:
- it has a large (diagonal 10.4 inches), bright screen with a good resolution (2000x1200). Objects of any size will be perfectly visible on it;
- a capacious battery (7250 mAh) is enough for 7–8 hours of continuous use;
- The HiSilicon Kirin 980 octa-core processor with a frequency of 2500 MHz provides high performance. The tablet does not freeze, does not slow down.
Huawei M6 Turbo Edition
Gaming tablet for Android with an unusual design. The HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor (as in the previous model) is responsible for the high speed of data processing, fast launch of heavy games and uninterrupted operation. Different from Honor Pad V6:
- screen size (10.8 vs. 10.4) and its resolution (2560x1600 vs. 2000x1200). It will definitely show all the little things that are important for the player;
- a more capacious battery (7500 mAh versus 7250 mAh). The device will work up to 9 hours on a single charge.
With plenty of built-in RAM (6 GB), this gaming tablet easily launches applications and multitasks.
Apple iPad Pro (2020)
Stylish, beautiful gadget in a metal case, which is designed for active use. It has everything a gamer needs:
- large (11 inches) and bright screen with a resolution of 2388x1668. With it, the player will see a maximum of small details, rich colors — and this is important when playing;
- fast and modern processor Apple A12Z Bionic with 8 cores. It is responsible for performance, fast data processing, application launch;
- capacious battery (7600 mAh) — it is enough for 8–10 hours of active use without recharging;
- 128 GB of internal memory, which is enough for your favorite games.
The Apple iPad Pro is a nimble, light, beautiful and productive tablet that not only iOS fans will appreciate.
Apple iPad Pro (2021)
The difference from the previous version is the processor. The 2020 version has an Apple A12Z Bionic. And in the new one — Apple M1. The frequency of the processor is also different. In the Apple iPad Pro 2021, it is 3200 MHz, and in the earlier model it is 2600. This improvement made it possible to make the tablet more productive and faster.
Now he copes with multitasking better, opens many applications at once even faster, launches the most modern and “heavy games. The model is available with built-in memory of 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB and 2 TB (this is the record of our rating).
ROG Flow Z13 (2022)
The beautiful, fast gaming tablet Asus ROG Flow Z13 is a model that has no competitors. Stylish design, large screen, powerful processor, plenty of memory, capacious battery — this device has everything a gamer needs.
There are several models in the Asus ROG Flow Z13 line of tablets that differ in:
- processor: Core i5-12500H, Core i9-12900H;
- graphics card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti;
- display resolution (1920x1200, 3840x2400) and frame rate (60, 120 Hz);
- drive size (memory): 512 GB, 1 TB.
The user can choose the option that best suits his needs. In the review, we will highlight the main advantages of the line.
- effective cooling + improved ventilation. Liquid metal is used as a processor thermal interface. It is non-toxic, and its thermal conductivity is 7–10 times higher than that of a good thermal paste. The use of liquid metal can significantly reduce the temperature of the device (sometimes up to 20%);
- There is a full-size detachable keyboard and a built-in stand. You can play not only on the touch screen. But you can also turn the device into a full-fledged laptop;
- FHD display — more important elements are placed on the screen. The matrix updates the image at a speed of 120 Hz — games will run smoothly, without hitches;
- It has a fast charging feature. In just 30 minutes, the device charges from 0 to 50%.
This is a real laptop, not just a gaming tablet. In the top configuration, this is a model with a 14-core Intel Core i9-12900H processor and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card. The minimum is a 12-core Intel Core i5-12500H with an Intel Iris Xe Graphics graphics card. This is enough for comfortable work and running almost all top games in Full HD.
Comparison of gaming tablets from our top
We chose the key features of the described gadgets, brought them together in one table.
|Feature/Model||Xiaomi Pad 5||Honor V6||Huawei M6 Turbo Edition||Apple iPad Pro (2020)||Apple iPad Pro (2021)||ROG Flow Z13 (2022)|
|Screen size (preferably from 10 inches)||eleven||10.4||10.8||eleven||eleven||13.4|
|Screen resolution (preferably from 1920x1080)||2560x1600||2000x1200||2560x1600||2388x1668||2388x1668||from 1920x1200|
|Battery (preferably from 7000 mAh)||8720||7250||7500||7600||7600||56 Wh|
|RAM (better than 6 GB)||6||6||6||6||eight||12|
|Built-in memory (preferably from 128 GB)||128||128||128||128||128||from 512|
|Processor (usually Qualcomm Snapdragon 860–865, HiSilicon Kirin 980–990, Apple A12Z)||Qualcomm Snapdragon 860||HiSilicon Kirin 980||HiSilicon Kirin 980||Apple A12Z Bionic||Apple M1||Intel Core i5-12500H|
|Processor frequency, MHz (from 2500)||2960||2500||2500||2600||3200||2500|
|Number of cores (preferably from 6)||eight||eight||eight||eight||eight||12|
|Housing material (metal is harder than plastic, more impact resistant)||metal||aluminium, plastic||metal||metal||aluminum||aluminum|
|Price (rubles)||from 41 000||from 45 000||from 55 000||from 71 000||from 119 000||from 137 000|
Gaming tablets from our rating received the following ratings on a scale from 0 to 5:
|Feature/Model||Xiaomi Pad 5||Honor V6||Huawei M6 Turbo Edition||Apple iPad Pro (2020)||Apple iPad Pro (2021)|
|Screen size (preferably from 10 inches)||5||four||four||5||5|
|Screen resolution (preferably from 1920x1200)||5||four||5||5||5|
|Battery (preferably from 7000 mAh)||5||four||four||four||four|
|RAM (better than 6 GB)||four||four||four||four||5|
|Processor frequency, MHz (from 2500)||four||four||four||four||5|
Why was ROG Flow Z13 (2022) not included in the comparison table? This large gaming tablet is significantly better than all the models listed in the top. No wonder it named the most powerful gaming tablet in the world (for 2022).
It can compete with modern gaming laptops. Therefore, any models from this rating are worse and it is incorrect to compare it with them. But if you’re looking for the best gaming tablet of 2022 and are willing to spend over $1,500 on one, the ROG Flow Z13 is a great option.
Xiaomi Pad 5 is a cheap gaming tablet that is suitable for children and adults, games, web surfing and other tasks.
Huawei Honor V6 is a budget model that is suitable for a child, a teenager and running not the most demanding games.
Huawei m6 Turbo Edition is a gaming tablet with a stylish design and great features.
The Apple iPad Pro (2020) is a fast, powerful tablet that’s great for running modern games, surfing the web, and more.
Apple iPad Pro (2021) — a top gaming tablet for those who lack the performance, speed or memory of the previous model.
ROG Flow Z13 is the best gaming tablet 2022 with a keyboard. Suitable for games, work, study, and can easily replace a home laptop.