The 7 Best Smart Light Switches
Modern smart technologies penetrate into many spheres of human life. Smart functions are endowed with a variety of devices, and even such simple ones as light switches. Below is a ranking of the top 7 smart light switches for 2022, with the right model for everyone. For those who prefer to choose the technique on their own, tips on how to approach this process correctly will help.
- one How to choose the right smart light switch
- 2 Rating of the best smart switches
- 2.1 1. Aqara QBKG04LM
- 2.2 2. ROXIMO SWBTN01‑1
- 2.3 3. HIPER IoT Switch B03
- 2.4 4.Easy Tech
- 2.5 5. Aqara Wireless Remote Switch H1 WRS-R02
- 2.6 6. Legrand 752284 Valena Life
- 2.7 7. Rubetek RE-3316
How to choose the right smart light switch
Smart switches differ from conventional ones in that they can be connected to a smart home system or simply to the Internet for remote control. This makes their use more convenient and allows you to significantly save light, because it can be turned off remotely. In addition, some smart switches have additional functions: a timer, a motion sensor, and an adjustment of the intensity of the glow.
To choose a smart switch, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Connection protocol. A smart switch can be connected to a smartphone in several ways. The most famous and widespread are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the less popular ones are ZigBee and Z‑Wave. The latter are not very convenient for the reason that they need an additional device, called a gateway, which provides communication between the smartphone and the switch.
- Design. Switches should complement the interior, and therefore it is worth paying attention to the appearance of this device.
- Number of keys affects the ability to control lamps in a room in different ways. For example, if there are three levels of lamps in a room, then a model with one button will turn them all on and off at the same time, and a model with three buttons will turn on only a part of the lamps.
- Compatibility. Smart home switches come from different brands and are designed to be compatible with certain smart home systems. For example, some models only work with smart homes from Xiaomi or Google, while others are more versatile and support multiple smart homes at once. If you already have smart devices, then it is logical to choose a switch that can work in the same system. Compatibility with voice assistants also depends on the chosen smart home system, so Yandex smart home may not support Google Assistant, Siri from Apple, etc.
Rating of the best smart switches
The smart home switches below are the best on the market according to user reviews.
1. Aqara QBKG04LM
Single band switch with ZigBee protocol implies flush mounting. The key is with a rocking mechanism. The device can be connected to Yandex, Mail.ru, Xiaomi, Apple, Aqara smart home systems. The body of the model is made of plastic, its size is 86*86*15 mm.
- stylish appearance;
- pressing is accompanied by a pleasant click;
- build quality;
- supports several smart home systems at once.
- need a gateway.
lampok Works great, but the square socket is still hemorrhoids
Dmitry S. Haven’t connected yet, but first impressions are good, I’ll add a review later.
2. ROXIMO SWBTN01‑1
The Wi-Fi smart switch is designed to be built into the wall. Its wires are fastened with screws, and the push-type button is backlit. The model works with smart home systems Google, Mail.ru, Roximo, Yandex. The case is plastic. Product size — 86 * 86 * 35 mm.
- easy to connect;
- there is a backlight;
- works with different smart home systems.
- not detected.
Shukhrat V. Everything is very cool, they work in conjunction with Alice. The connection is simple, according to the scheme. In the kitchen there was a problem with the flashing of the bulbs, although they were connected with a capacitor, but the problem turned out to be in the bulbs themselves, they were replaced with simple ones and everything flew off.
Grigory Igitov I have been using it for a month, it always works through the Yandex station.
3. HIPER IoT Switch B03
The built-in three-button switch from the HIPER brand received a push button mechanism and a clamping wire attachment. He can work in the Yandex or Google smart home system, connects via Wi-Fi, and the voice assistants he supports are Marusya from Mail.ru, Google Assistant, Alice from Yandex. The buttons of the model are highlighted, the case is plastic.
- three buttons;
- several supported voice assistants and smart home systems.
- There are software crashes.
Sova_Investment Qualitatively assembled. The materials are decent. Doesn’t stink. Capacitor included. Works with Alice. Doesn’t fall off. Attaches to a standard switch socket. Simple connection. If the indicators on the keys were still lit when the key is turned off, and not vice versa, there would be no price for it.
Name hidden There are older versions of the switch that do not work without 0 and there is no capacitor included. They differ in a box, on new versions the lid with a loop has inscriptions and a qr code, and on old ones that do not work without 0, the lid is just white.
Smart touch switch with three buttons and backlight has a hidden installation mechanism and screw fastening of wires. The device has a grounding contact, the shock-resistant case is made of glass and it has IP44 protection, that is, it is partially not afraid of dust and moisture. The model has surge protection, it connects via Wi-Fi and can work with Yandex smart home, Google Home, Tuya Smart, Amazon and Digma SmartLife.
- wide functionality;
- protected case;
- key illumination;
- Supports multiple smart home systems.
- not identified.
Slyusar Ivan I have been using smart switches from this manufacturer for more than 5 years (there was a Jinvoo brand before), there were no problems for all the time, everything works properly.
Alexandra. Didn’t try with Alice. It works fine from the phone.
5. Aqara Wireless Remote Switch H1 WRS-R02
This wireless 2‑button switch is powered by batteries with a 5‑year lifespan. The device connects via the ZigBee protocol and works only in the native Aqara smart home system. Its body is plastic, the size is 85.8 * 86 * 12.5 mm. For each of the buttons, you can configure different actions, such as single or double clicks. Installation is very simple — you can simply stick it on double-sided tape.
- completely wireless;
- very easy installation;
- long battery life;
- customizable buttons.
- need a gateway
- high price;
- works only in the native smart home system.
Anton The day will come when Akara will take over the smart device market)
Yuri A good device, it works in a simplified mode and in an extended one (you can configure it in the gateway through the application). Simplified — button click events are available only, in advanced — key hold, clicks, two keys at the same time, etc.
6. Legrand 752284 Valena Life
Alice smart switch supports flush mounting. It works through a ZigBee gateway, compatibility is declared for Legrand Home or Yandex branded smart home. The model has one button, backlight, its case is thermoplastic, size is 96*93*40 mm.
- fits in size to standard sockets;
- easy installation;
- performance quality.
- need a gateway
- the minimum number of supported smart home systems.
Sergey B. + fits into a standard socket, does not require any changes in the electrics
+ installs in place of an existing circuit breaker in 2 minutes
+ works with HomeAssistant via ZigBee2MQTT without Legrand gateway.
7. Rubetek RE-3316
A model with a Wi-Fi connection can work in the Yandex smart home system or the proprietary Rubetek. The key is touch-sensitive, there is a backlight and an indicator for connecting to a wireless network. The case is plastic with a glossy finish. Device dimensions — 86 * 86 * 36 mm. The switch is mounted by embedding it into a socket in the wall.
- easy to connect and install;
- performance quality.
- a small number of supported smart home systems.
Alexey Suptelya For a person who always forgets to turn off the light, just a godsend! Works perfectly with Alice.
Artem Alekseevich So let’s say I become more modern by equipping an apartment with such devices), a wireless switch is one of such devices. works good. you quickly get used to it. You can set up different scenarios for it. But I read everywhere that it requires grounding — this is true.