The most important things to know when choosing nut blends are:
1. Nuts do not have to be washed, and if you do wash them, be sure to store them in the refrigerator. In other cases, a sealed bag and any shelf in your kitchen is suitable for storage.
2. 40g is enough for a person. nuts every day to replenish the supply of proteins, vitamins and minerals, while the content of nutrients in different nuts is different:
* cashew — a source of magnesium, strengthens the heart and blood vessels, the condition of hair and skin, lowers cholesterol
* hazelnuts — improves blood lipid composition, lowers sugar levels, helps fight obesity
* almonds — have a beneficial effect on the digestive system and improve the state of microflora, etc.
Therefore, it is recommended to alternate different varieties of nuts or buy specially balanced nut mixtures.
3. Try to choose large nuts — in general, this is an indicator of quality. Cultivation of trees that produce such a crop requires high standards for decades. That is why good nuts cannot be cheap. But peanuts — maybe because it’s not a nut, but a legume
4. Choose unroasted nuts. For example, vitamin E is destroyed during heat treatment, and it is a natural antioxidant that slows down the aging process and stimulates the synthesis of hemoglobin. To increase the shelf life, raw nuts undergo safe sterilization — useful substances are preserved, and the nuts themselves do not oxidize or become moldy
5. Eat nuts and dried fruits regularly but in moderation. Nuts are simply shown to elderly people, pregnant women and those recovering from illnesses: vitamins in nuts enhance the body’s immune defenses; unsaturated omega‑3 fatty acids will slow down the development of atherosclerosis; phosphorus, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, iodine, cobalt, zinc will help in the fight against stress and normalize blood pressure, will contribute to the normal functioning of the myocardium and thyroid gland, the formation of strong bone tissue.
Nuts are perfect for vegetarian and proper nutrition, when the lack of animal protein is compensated with the help of vegetable